Charleston Parent Coach, LLC offers a variety of presentations designed for parents, teachers, and other organizations interested in effective leadership of children.
Presentation Topics include:
- Raising a Responsible and Resilient Child (for parents of children ages 3-12)
- Facebook Face-off: Who am I? Adolescent Socio-emotional Development and the Web
- Whose project is this anyway? Beating the Homework Blues
- Partnering with Parents for Success (for faculty and parents)
- Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child
- Parenting the Middle Schooler: Welcoming the Power Struggle
- The Bart Simpson Effect: Motivating the Under-achiever in school
- And Baby Makes Three (for expecting and new parents) Family and Marriage Building
- Potty Training 101
Leadership Parenting Classes
Charleston Parent Coach also conducts parenting classes through schools, churches, or other parent groups. Options include a popular four part series:
1. Week One: Parenting with Love and Leadership Part 1. How to establish your authority with your children and speak so they will listen.
2. Week Two: Parenting with Love and Leadership Part 2. When leadership alone is not enough~ how to give effective consequences.
3. Week Three: Top Three Preschool Behavior Problems Solved! Temper tantrums, bedtime battles, and picky eating…oh my!*
4. Week Four: How to Raise a Responsible and Resilient Child. Focuses on avoiding overindulgence and over protection.
*The top three behaviors are changed based on the age of the children the parents are raising.
Please contact us for fees and additional information on these presentations or classes.
Ashely Davis (843) 822-7438
Margaret Taylor (843) 343-4352
What others are saying:
From Beating the Homework Blues:
"Thanks so much for the great advice regarding homework. I went straight home and implemented your plan...my daughter did not know what hit her at first. :) She complained initially~ just as you predicted. However, it is working so much better now, and her homework is getting done in half the time, and with very rare help from me. Thanks!" email from parent
"The teachers and I really appreciate your presentation to our PTA. I am putting together a newsletter and want to give the parents your website and remind them of how valuable your ideas were. Thanks" email from guidance counselor
From Raising a Responsible and Resilient Child:
"Thank you for speaking at our HSA meeting! I have already gotten lots of positive feedback about parents learning some new things and being excited to implement them at home. I think your talk was perfect as it gave lots of info in a short time frame. It was definitely relevant to all of us parents! Just to let you know, shortly after your presentation I was at the school for a meeting that I was attending with teachers. About 8 of them were talking to me about your presentation. One teacher had missed unfortunately missed it and the others were filling her in. One of our teachers was so excited because she had used one of your suggestions and it worked like a charm. It made me laugh because this is a seasoned teacher, and one of our best! We can all use some new coaching skills and common sense reminders!"
email from Christ Our King HSA President
"I was at the awards ceremony at school and heard so many wonderful comments about last nights presentation to our PTA. The parents are VERY interested in you returning. They would love to hear more! Your were very informative and offered lots of helpful advice." email from Mt Pleasant Academy PTA President
From Potty Training 101:
so much for everything! William is out of diapers and doing great with
the potty! All of your suggestions from the class were so helpful." Mt Pleasant Presbyterian Learning Center parent
© Charleston Parent Coach, LLC 2012